The new Snowy Escape expansion for The Sims 4 brings a lot of new content to enjoy to the game, one of which is the new Lifestyle system.
This new system is assigned to your character as you play the game, unlike the Trait system that you assign when you create your character. Depending on how you play the game, your Lifestyle will be chosen and assigned to you.
You progress through all the Lifestyles available and there is only a certain amount of progress you can make in each one. You can check this progress in the Sim Info Panel menu.
Here are all the Lifestyles you can unlock in the game:
For the thrill-seekers in the game, Adrenaline Seeker is for the players who seek out that shot of adrenaline and live for danger. Explore dangerous locations, get into fights, and so many more thrilling events will help you on this one.
- Various benefits when thrill-seeking
- Avoids boring conversations
- Does not panic during fire and finds it exciting
- Increased work performance in dangerous careers
- Can “Talk about New Adventure” and “Enthuse about Thrill-Seeking” with other Sims
- Can “Fight for the Rush!” after having gone too long without a thrill
- Bored when performing mundane interactions and socials
- Tense when going too long without excitement
For the Sims who focus on their relationships and forging those deep bonds with others. Keep your friend group between one and three, and allow yourself to focus solely on those friendships for this Lifestyle.
- Keeps Good Friends longer but has a harder time staying friends with Sims at lower relationship levels
- More likely to gain Long Term Sentiments with friends
- Can “Ask to Be Confidant” and gains unique flavor socials with Confidant
- Tense when without friends or when friend group grows to four or more
The coffee-lovers in the game will unlock this Lifestyle with ease as all you have to do is drink a ton of coffee.
- Various benefits after drinking coffee
- Will make and drink more coffee than other Sims
- Brewed Coffee is always Outstanding Quality
- Increased Skill gain in all Skills after drinking coffee
- Can “Talk about Benefits of Coffee” or “Lament the Detriments of Coffee” depending on caffeinated status
- Can “Work Caffeinated Shift” while at work
- Increased work performance after drinking coffee
- Uncomfortable after going too long without drinking coffee
If your Sim is active and likes to get outside, then this Lifestyle will be easy for you. Simply seek out the athletic and sporty events, or even join a high-energy career, in order to progress this Lifestyle.
- Various benefits when performing high-energy activities
- Prefers to perform high-energy activities
- Increased work performance in high-energy careers
- Decreased work performance in low-energy careers
- Dislikes low-energy activities and becomes tense when going without activity for too long
As you can probably figure out, this Lifestyle is for the Sims who love to go somewhere new. Travel on vacations, visit exotic locations, and look for the new experiences while traveling to progress this one.
- Various benefits when traveling to another world or when taking a vacation
- Increased Skill gain in all Skills while on vacation specifically
- Increased work performance and other benefits after returning from a vacation
- Can “Ask about Home Region” on locals to gather destination suggestions while traveling
- Can “Share Travel Stories” after a vacation
- Bored after having gone too long without travel
Health Food Nut
The Health Nuts in the game will be rewarded with this Lifestyle. Just make sure to eat the nutritious meals and harvestables, avoid any quick meals and dessert, and this Lifestyle will progress.
- Various benefits when eating healthy food
- Prefers to cook and eat healthy food
- Can “Cook Healthy Meal” to make alternative healthy recipe options
- Increased Weight Loss and Fitness Gain while working out after eating a meal made by “Cook Healthy Meal”
- Can “Evangelize Benefits of Health Food” to other Sims
- Displeased by eating junk food and tense when going too long without eating healthy food
Hungry for Love
The hopeless romantics will easily fit into the Hungry for Love Lifestyle, as simply interacting with romantic media or attempting to romance another Sim will help build out this one.
- Various benefits when in a romantic relationship
- Prefers romantic behavior and is more likely to succeed when being romantic
- Acquires romantic Sentiments more easily
- Enjoys romantic media
- Increased Work Performance when in a romantic relationship
- Tense when not in a romantic relationship
Indoorsy is for the Sims who like to stay inside and prioritize activities that take place indoors, which is how you can progress this Lifestyle.
- Various benefits when doing indoor activities
- Prefers to be indoors
- Decreased work performance in outdoor careers
- Tense when spending too much time outside rather than inside
Junk Food Fiend
The opposite of the Health Food Nut, the Junk Food Fiend loves that sweet, sweet junk food. Just focus on eating anything that seems unhealthy — such as quick meals and desserts — to progress this Lifestyle.
- Various benefits when eating junk food
- Prefers to eat junk food
- Can “Add Sugar” or “Add Bacon” to food, turning it into junk food
- Can “Evangelize Benefits of Junk Food” to other Sims
- Displeased by eating healthy and tense when going too long without eating junk food
A People Person excels at talking and socializing with other Sims, at the cost of not being able to deeply connect with others. If you have four or more friends, then this will unlock.
- Keeps lower relationship level Friends easier but struggles to keep Good Friends or higher
- Various benefits when interacting with three or more friends at a time or when making a new friend
- Less likely to gain Long Term Sentiments with friends
- Greater need to be social
- Tense when friend group contains fewer than four Sims
Single and Lovin’ It
Sometimes you just don’t want a relationship and this is the Lifestyle to complement that mindset. Just avoid any romantic relationships in order to progress.
- Various benefits when single
- Increased Skill gain in all Skills when single
- Less likely to acquire romantic Sentiments
- Finds romantic media somewhat unrealistic
- Increased Work Performance when single
- Tense when in a new committed romantic relationship
For those of us who like to get outside and enjoy nature rather than stay inside as much as possible. Just focus on doing outdoor activities to unlock this Lifestyle.
- Various benefits when doing outdoor activities
- Prefers to be outdoors
- Increased work performance in outdoor careers
- Tense when spending too much time inside rather than outside
This Lifestyle is for Sims who enjoy just relaxing and not moving very much. If you prioritize on low-energy activities and just sitting around, then you can get this one.
- Various benefits when performing low-energy activities
- Prefers to perform low-energy activities
- Increased work performance in low-energy careers
- Decreased work performance in high-energy careers
- Tense when performing high-energy activities or when going too long without doing relaxing activities
Immerse yourself in technology for this Lifestyle. Spend a lot of time on your technology or go into a tech-related career field for this one.
- Various benefits when interacting with technologyPrefers to use technology over non-electronic objects
- Increased Skill gain in Programming and Rocket Science
- Can apply the Overclocked Upgrade to computers and then “Enthuse about Processing Power” with other Sims
- Improved success when repairing and upgrading electronics
- Increased work performance in tech-related careers
- Tense when on a lot without Power or when going without technology for too long
On the opposite end, the Technophobe is for anyone who avoids technology. Just avoid electronics — or even break them entirely — while also pursuing a career without Power or technology.
- Various benefits relating to broken electronics, when on a lot without Power, or when on a lot using the Off-the-Grid Lot Trait
- Prefers to avoid using technology
- Can intentionally “Sabotage” electronics
- Decreased work performance in tech-related careers
- Tense when using technology
For Sims who focus on their jobs and seemingly nothing else. To unlock this one, go for promotions at your job, complete tasks at work, word hard, and also try not to take any games off.
- Needs decay slower while at work
- Increased work performance gain
- Difficulty in keeping long term relationships
- Can “Go to Work on Off Hours” and “Demand Promotion from Boss”
- Receives extra work-related benefits when in the Corporate Worker career
- Tense when neglecting work duties or without a job
The post All Sims 4 Lifestyles and effects appeared first on Gamepur.