HOLR x TEST – CONTEST RULES (the “Contest”)
THIS CONTEST IS ONLY OPEN TO ONTARIO RESIDENTS AND IS GOVERNED BY CANADIAN LAW AND THE LAWS OF THE PROVINCE OF ONTARIO.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. SEE BELOW FOR FULL CONTEST DETAILS. PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST CONSTITUTES YOUR FULL AND UNCONDITIONAL ACCEPTANCE OF, AND AGREEMENT TO BE LEGALLY BOUND BY, THESE CONTEST RULES (THE “CONTEST RULES”).
1) The Contest begins on August 26 2020 at 12:00 p.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on September 26 2020 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the “Contest Period”).
2) The Contest is open to all residents of the Province of Ontario only (“Province”) who have reached the age of majority in the Province at the time of entry, except employees (and those with whom such employees are domiciled) of HOLR Magazine (the “Sponsor”), its affiliated companies or agents, advertising and promotion agencies and the Contest judges, if any.
HOW TO ENTER
3) NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. To participate in this Contest you must enter one of the following ways (each an “Entry”):
Enter with your email [or if it is on Instagram or Facebook, etc. and have other requirements such as tagging, etc. state here. You must follow the applicable site’s contest rules]. You will receive one (1) Entry in the Contest when you submit your email [ or do other action] on https://holrmagazine.com/[applicable name or linking]/; or
You may enter by mailing a hand-printed postcard with your name, address, email address, and telephone number and the name of the contest you are entering to: HOLR MAGAZINE, 3101 Bloor West #206, Etobicoke, ON M8X 2W2. Attention: Contest Department.
Only Entries received between [start date] at 12 a.m. EST and [end date], at 6:00 PM EST (for mailing only) will be accepted. Entries printed by machine or otherwise mechanically reproduced are unacceptable. Entries must be received by [end date], to be eligible. Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, illegible, misdirected, misdelivered or incomplete entries.
LIMIT (1) ENTRY PER PERSON/ACCOUNT DURING THE CONTEST PERIOD (regardless of how many times you submit your email or mail a postcard). For greater certainty and the avoidance of any doubt, you can only use one (1) Email or one (1) postcard to participate in the Contest. If it is discovered that you attempted to enter more than once during the Contest Period, then all your Entries will be void. Use of any automated system to submit Entries is prohibited and will result in disqualification.
BY SUBMITTING AN ENTRY, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOUR ENTRY (INCLUDING YOUR Name) MAY BE POSTED ON TWITTER, FACEBOOK AND/OR SPONSOR’S PROPRIETARY WEBSITE AND THE WEBSITE OR SOCIAL MEDIA PAGE OF THE PRIZE DONOR(s) (if such entity is different than that SPONSOR), WHERE IT MAY BE VIEWED, SHARED (BY USERS OF TWITTER AND VARIOUS OTHER INTERNET-BASED SITES) AND COMMENTED ON BY THE SPONSOR AND THE GENERAL PUBLIC.
DRAW AND WINNER SELECTION
4) On [date], in Toronto, Ontario, at approximately 10:00 a.m. ET, one (1) eligible entrant will be selected by random draw from all eligible entries received during the Contest Period. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
5) Before being declared a winner: The selected entrant will be contacted by email and notified that they are eligible to win. If the Entry selected was a postcard and no email address was provided, the Sponsor will make one (1) attempt to contact the winner by phone, at which point the selected entrant must provide an email address for additional correspondence. If the entry was by email, the selected entrant must reply to the email within one (1) business day of notification and provide the Sponsor with a contact phone number. The selected entrant must first correctly answer a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question to be administered by telephone. The Sponsor will then email a declaration of eligibility and a liability/publicity release, and the selected entrant will be required to sign and return the emailed forms within one (1) business day of notification. If a selected entrant: (i) cannot be contacted by email or phone within one (1) calendar day of selection or there is a return of any prior notification as undeliverable; (ii) fails to correctly answer the skill-testing question; or (iii) fails to return the Contest documents within the specified time, then he/she will be disqualified and will forfeit the applicable prize, and the Sponsor reserves the right to select an alternate entrant from among the remaining eligible entries.
The required forms will:
confirm compliance with the Contest Rules;
release the Sponsor, the Grand Prize and other prize donor(s) and their affiliated companies and agents, their advertising and promotion agencies, and any social media platform used to facilitate the Contest, the Contest judges and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (“Released Parties”) from any liability in connection with the Contest, the entrant’s participation therein and/or the awarding and use or misuse of the prize or any portion thereof; and
grant to the Sponsor and Prize donor(s) the right to use the selected entrant’s name, address and likeness in any form of advertising relating to the Contest without further notice or compensation.
6) Grand Prize: There will be one (1) grand prize available to be won, consisting of [specify the prize] (approximate retail value [amount] (CDN)) (“Grand Prize”). [State additional prizes here if any]
Prize must be accepted as awarded and is not transferable or convertible to cash. No substitutions except at Sponsor’s option. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize or a prize component with one of equal or greater value, including without limitation, but solely in the Sponsor’s discretion, a cash award. Prizes will only be awarded to the person who is the owner of the email address used or resides at the address on the mailed postcard. Each prize is awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied outside the Contest.
7) By entering the Contest, each entrant agrees to abide by these Contest Rules. This Contest is subject to all applicable Federal, Provincial and Municipal laws. Void where prohibited by law. The decisions of the Sponsor with respect to all aspects of this Contest are final and binding on all entrants without right of appeal.
8) Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend, withdraw or amend this Contest in any way, without prior notice or obligation, in the event of an error, technical problem, computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor that interferes with the proper conduct of this Contest as contemplated by these Contest Rules. Any attempt to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
9) All Entries are subject to verification at any time and for any reason. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Sponsor – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification): (i) for the purposes of verifying an individual’s eligibility to participate in this Contest; (ii) for the purposes of verifying the eligibility and/or legitimacy of any Entry entered (or purportedly entered) for the purposes of this Contest; and/or (iii) for any other reason the Sponsor deems necessary, in its sole and absolute discretion, for the purposes of administering this Contest in accordance with these Rules. Failure to provide such proof to the satisfaction of the Sponsor in a timely manner may result in disqualification in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor. The sole determinant of the time for the purposes of a valid Entry in this Contest will be the Contest server machine(s).
10) Any attempt or suspected attempt to use robotic, automatic, programmed, or otherwise, illicit means to enter the Contest, or any other methods not authorized by these Contest Rules, for example, but not limited to, creating multiple email accounts, shall be deemed as tampering and may disqualify you from entering, participating, winning prizes (defined herein), and preclude you from participating in future contests and promotions, at the sole discretion of Sponsor. Entries that are late, lost, stolen, illegible, contain false information, are damaged, misdirected, mutilated, garbled or incomplete, altered or otherwise irregular or that do not conform with or satisfy any or all of the conditions these rules will be judged void. All Entries become the property of Sponsor upon receipt and none will be returned. Proof of transmission (screenshots or captures, etc.) does not constitute proof of receipt.
11) Without limitation, the Sponsor, its advertising and promotion agencies, any social media or other platform used to facilitate the Contest, and the Contest judges will not be liable for any failure of the website during the Contest; for a technical malfunction or other problems relating to the telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment or software; for the failure of any Entry to be received by the Sponsor, its advertising and promotion agencies or the Contest judges for any reason including, but not limited to, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website; or any combination of the above. Further, the Sponsor, its advertising and promotion agencies, and any social media or other platform used to facilitate the Contest, and the Contest judges will not be liable for any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading any material in the Contest.
12) RELEASED PARTIES EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND (WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY, OR OTHERWISE) INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. RELEASED PARTIES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE OR RESPONSIBLE FOR THOSE GUARANTEES OR WARRANTIES MADE OR OFFERED BY ADVERTISERS, PARTNERS, PRIZE DONORS, MANUFACTURERS, OR SUPPLIERS, INCLUDING THOSE RELATED TO THE PRIZES. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL RELEASED PARTIES BE HELD RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR YOUR USE OF THE INFORMATION AND/OR PRIZES PROVIDED. BY ENTERING THE CONTEST AND/OR ACCEPTING A PRIZE, YOU AGREE THAT THE RELEASED PARTIES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE AND WILL BE HELD HARMLESS BY YOU AGAINST ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY DAMAGE, INJURY OR LOSS TO PERSON (INCLUDING DEATH) OR PROPERTY RELATED IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, TO ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, REDEMPTION, USE OR MISUSE OF PRIZE, PARTICIPATION IN ANY PRIZE-RELATED ACTIVITY, USE BY A RELEASED PARTY OF ANY ENTRY, PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST, OR ANY OTHER CLAIM OR CAUSE OF ACTION YOU MAY HAVE AGAINST A RELEASED PARTY.
13) In the event of a dispute, Entries will be deemed to have submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the person who is assigned an email address by an internet provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institute, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. If the identity of an online entrant is disputed, the authorized account holder associated with the email account at the time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant. A selected entrant may be required to provide proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the selected Entry. The sole determinant of the time for the purposes of a valid online Entry in this Contest will be the Contest server machine(s).
15) The sponsor of this Promotion is HOLR Media Group, 3101 Bloor West #206, Etobicoke, ON M8X 2W2 (“HOLR”). All questions regarding this Contest should be directed by email to: [email protected]
16) SOCIAL MEDIA AND TRADEMARKS DISCLAIMER:
Neither Instagram, nor Facebook, nor any other social media or other platforms on which notice of this Contest is posted, is a sponsor of this Contest. Any third-party trademarks mentioned herein are the property of their respective trademark owners. The use or mention of such third-party trademarks in these Contest Rules or in the Contest is solely for descriptive purposes and shall in no way imply an endorsement or sponsorship of the Contest.