If you want to live a healthy lifestyle, then this is must read for you.
A healthy way of living is the key to longevity. Not only this, it also protects us from various diseases. but, It can also help us to live a passionate and fulfilling life. However, to live a healthy life, we have to take care of many things. Here you will learn about all the principles of improving your quality of life.
8 Steps to a Healthy Lifestyle
When you live your life according to healthy principles, You start living a healthy life. However, if you compromise on healthy principles, your health begins to decline. Therefore, it is so important that we live our lives in accordance with the Healthy principles. Following are the Steps to a Healthy Lifestyle.
- Eat Healthy
- Exercise Daily
- Drink Plenty of Fluids
- Sleep Well
- Quit Smoking
- Reduce Your Alcohol Intake
- Take Care of Your Hygiene
- Meditate and Relax
By Following these Healthy Principles, you begin to live a Healthy Life.
There is an old saying that we are what we eat. That is why we need Healthy Diet to live a healthy life. According to World Health Organisation, to live a Healthy Life, Our Body needs more than 40 Nutrients in sufficient quantity. These essential Nutrients include nine amino acids, two fatty acids, thirteen vitamins and fifteen minerals.
A lack of take in any of these food nutrients can lead to various body illnesses. So, it is very necessary for us to eat food that is rich in nutrition.
Moreover, there is no food that can alone supply all these important nutrients to our body. In fact, its not about eating a lot of food, but a balanced diet that can provide us with all the essential body nutrients.
What is a Healthy Diet?
As per recommendations of World Health Organisation, a Healthy Diet consists of:
- Vegetables, Fruits, Legumes, Nuts and Whole Grains.
- 400 Grams of Fruits and Vegetables (five portions per Day).
- Less than 10% Energy intake from free Sugars for a Healthy adult consuming 2000 Calories per Day.
- Less than 30% Energy intake from fats. Preferable Unsaturated Fats instead of Saturated Fats.
- Less then 5 Gram of Salt Per Day.
Apart from eating healthy, We also need to exercise daily. Any Bodily activity that enhances our overall fitness, Health and wellness is called an Exercise. When we start working out on fitness of our body, we begin to improve our over all health. Following are the benefits of Exercise:
- Helps us Maintain a Healthy Weight
- Regulates our Digestive System.
- Builds and Maintains Bone Density.
- Improves our Muscle Strength.
- We Feel happy all the time.
- Limits Surgical Risks.
- Strengthens Immune System.
- Improves Cardiovascular System.
Drink Plenty of Fluids
According to a study Water makes 70% of Water. And, there is a reason why Water is essential for a Living. Despite Water being the essential element for survival, we sometimes do not drink enough Water. As a result, we feel thirsty, sleep, Headaches and decreased urine output.
To Enjoy a Healthy Life, it is very necessary for us to drink enough water. On average, we need 1.5 Litters of water on daily basis to live well. If supplied in less quantity, we may face several health illnesses. In addition, we can intake water in form of various fluids such as Tea, Milk, Coffee, Juices and other drinks.
In fact, there are some health benefits of Drinking Water.
- Improves memory and mood
- Helps us in sugar cravings
- Aids in Weight maintenance
- Improves Exercise Performance
- Reduces Headaches and Migraine
- Prevents Constipation
- Prevents Kidney Stones
- Helps us manage Anxiety
Human body needs 8 hours of sleep to function properly. In case of less amount of sleep, we beginning to experience various sleep disorders that are some times very life threatening. Though, our body is designed for a two phases of 4 hours of sleep. But, if you sleep for eight hours in once, that is okay too.
Sleep is very important for living a good life. Therefore, if you want to enjoy a healthy way of life, then you must start caring of your sleeping patterns.
Here are some health benefits of a good sleep.
- Keeps your Heart, healthy.
- Prevents Cancer.
- Reduces Stress.
- Reduces Inflammation.
- Makes you more Alert.
- Improves Your Memory.
- Helps in Weight Loss.
- Makes you Smarter.
- Reduces Risk of Depression.
- Helps Body Repair itself.
Apart from adopting good habits, you also need to quit one for a Healthy Life. Smoking is the first. If you are not smoking already, you are good to go for a healthy life. However, if you are already a smoker and want to live a healthy life style. Then, this is the time you should quit smoking.
Following Health Risks are related to smoking.
- Increases the risk of a Heart Attack.
- Increases Your Blood Pressure.
- Risks Stomach Cancer and Ulcers.
- Your Skin Ages Quickly.
- Weakens Your Bones.
- Increases the risk of Brain Stroke.
- Damages Your Lungs.
- Colds and Coughs are common.
- Causes Bad Breath and Stained Teeth.
- Causes Male Impotence.
These are just some common Health Risks related to Smoking. Therefore, you should quit smoking to live a Healthy Life Today.
Reduce Your Alcohol Intake
Apart from giving up on smoking, you should also reduce your Alcohol Intake to enjoy a sound life. If you are already a moderate drinker then you are ready to live a health way of life. However, if you are a binge drinker and want to enjoy good health, then you must reconsider your drinking habits.
What is excessive drinking?
As per United States Standards, Excessive Drinking is defined as:
- 4 or more drinks for women during a single sitting.
- 5 or more drinks for men during a single session.
- Drinking by Pregnant Women.
- Drinking by People Younger than 21.
Aside from losing control like a drunk truck driver, Excessive Drinking has many other health risks as well.
- Shrinks your Brain.
- Black Out Experience.
- Makes you dependent on Alcohol.
- Damages your Heart.
- Damages your liver.
- Causes Chronic Pancreatitis.
- Causes Diarrhoea.
- Behavioural Changes.
- Muscle Cramps.
Take Care of Your Hygiene
The next Step to a healthy life is taking care of your personal Hygiene. As, our body can also provide place and space to the viruses, parasites and disease causing Germs to grow and reproduce. If not taken care off, these germs can enter to our body and cause various illnesses.
- Bath Every Day.
- Brush Your Teeth Twice a day.
- Wash hands after going to toilet.
- Wash Hands before preparing or eating food.
- Wear Clean Clothes.
- Hang your clothes into Sun.
- Stay Away from People not covering Hands, nose and mouth.
- Do Not Shake Hands. Just Say Hello or Hi if you want to Greet Someone.
Meditate and Relax
In addition to taking care of our physical body, we also need to take care of our mind and soul for a healthy life. So, it s very necessary for us to meditate and relax in solitude. Meditation provide nutritious diet to our soul. We should always thinks positive and stay away from negative people in our lives.
Here are some Health benifits of Mediation.
- Reduces Stress.
- Controls Anxiety.
- Promotes Positivism.
- Self Awareness.
- Improves Memory.
- Help Us Fight Addictions.
- Improves Sleep.
A Healthy lifestyle is a way of Healthy living. To Live a Healthy life we have to own good habits and give up on bad habits. When, we begin to live our lives on healthy principles, we begin to live a healthy way of life. A Healthy way of life not only ensures a longer life, but also makes it thrilling and fulfilling.
How can I have a healthy lifestyle?
You can have a healthy life by eating a variety of healthy food. You should also quit smoking and reduce your alcohol intake. Apart from it, you should also sleep well and take care of your Hygiene. Lastly, you should drink enough water you need in a day.
What are the 5 healthy habits?
- Drink enough Water.
- Sleep Well.
- Eat Green Food.
- Wear Clean Clothes.
- Brush Your Teeth.
What is an example of a healthy lifestyle?
A Person who eats enough. Drinks good amount of water. Sleeps Well. Does not smoke. And, remains Sober for most of his time.
What’s the healthiest lifestyle?
The Healthiest Lifestyle is to adopt all the Healthy Principles mentioned above in the topic.
What is a unhealthy lifestyle?
Not Eating Healthy, Smoking, Excessive Drinking and Not Brushing are some common examples of an unhealthy lifestyle.
What you should do everyday?
- You Should Get Up Early in the morning.
- Walk or exercise for 30 minutes.
- Brush Your Teeth.
- Bath and Wash your Body.
- Meditate and Relax for at least 15 minutes.
- Eat Healthy Food. At Least Three times a day.
- Drink Plenty of Water and Drinks.
- Sleep Well.